The Key Account Sales Manager is responsible for selling business product lines/systems and generating new growth and profitability within specific assigned markets. The Key Account Sales manager develops and drives sales strategy for a particular territory/market.
This is a work from home position that requires heavy travel.
- Sell business product lines/systems and generate new growth and profitability within specific assigned markets
- Support the business in generation of new growth accounts while developing existing accounts
- Make direct customer calls to develop and increase sales, negotiate contracts, drive product and system sales to support established price strategies; assure legal compliance in the selling of all products and systems with applicable local, state and federal regulations
- Manage customer needs through product development processes; provide technical assistance and information to customers; respond to customer inquires; recommend and, if necessary, develop training programs for customers
- Develop and drive a sales strategy for a particular territory/market; conduct limited market research analysis; develop sales forecasts by product SKU, markets and major customers; implements marketing programs to achieve sales and market share objectives; monitor and make recommendations concerning market needs; changes in competitive strategies and policies, pricing and sales activity; prepare and issue reports as required
- Provide mentoring to the sales force
- May be required to perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 years sales experience with a manufacturing company
- Strong product and process knowledge and product set-up process experience (Solid)
- Expert ability to build rapport and develop strong customer relationships with senior levels
- Expert ability to analyze and evaluate product lines, markets, and customers
- Expert ability to analyze and evaluate marketing programs and sales strategies
- Six Sigma process improvement experience is highly desirable
- Strong Value Selling Skills (Solid)
- Solid time management skills
- Strong presentation skills (Solid)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook (Solid)
- Ability to estimate and monitor expenses for budgeting and territory/market operations
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be able to drive vehicle for long periods of time and carry a valid driver's license
- Heavy travel required (90 or more days per year including international travel)
- Primary work environment is typically in the field at a customer's facility or on a job site; may be exposed to environmental conditions of cold, heat, high noise levels, moving mechanical parts, heights, dust/mist/gas/fumes, extensive walking or climbing, etc.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities.
Hear Our Employee Stories
Include a sentence directing applicants to watch a relevant employee story. You can find a playlist of employee story videos to choose from here. (e.g. "To learn more about how you can turn a JM internship into a career that you love, watch Cassie's story here.")
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
Apply on company website