Johns Manville is seeking a CNC Lathe Machinist - Discs for our Tucson, AZ facility.
- Interface with team members on all shifts and other departments. Provide technical assistance to others according to established operating procedures
- Operate CNC Lathes and VMCs, and other machine tools and hand tools safely
- Operate lifting equipment, including cranes, hoists and forklifts, safely lifting and moving parts and material
- Show initiative in supporting safety plant-wide
- Maintain a safe work environment; complete all safety and other training on schedule
- Work closely with EH&S. Make sure OSHA and environmental requirements are being followed throughout the facility
- Keep informed of all JSAs on all CNC machinery and be confident you are aware of all changes
What You Bring to the Team
- High School degree
- Completion of a machinist apprenticeship program or a technical certificate (preferred)
- Experience setting up, editing G-Code programs and running CNC Lathes with Fanuc controls
- Familiar reading micrometers, calipers and other standard measuring equipment
- Experience using forklifts, rigging cranes, and have the physical ability to lift and move items weighing up to 50 pounds
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite of programs. Knowledge of SAP is a plus
- Willing to work any shift
- Self-starter having the ability to carry out assignments with minimal direction and supervision
- Computer competency, capable of learning to interface with required databases and programs
- Ability to read, write and interpret complex items in English
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse workforce
- Positive manner of performance, team player, good written and verbal communications skills
With Johns Manville you can take pride in helping our team to deliver products that make a difference in the markets that we serve. You'll have the benefit of a supportive environment with good people who care, plus the opportunity for continued growth in your career. Johns Manville brings stability and a space for innovative thinking. Bring your purpose and desire to grow and in return you'll receive competitive pay, annual merit increases, a generous 401k match, paid holidays and vacation, education reimbursement and comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans.
Why Johns Manville
Johns Manville is a proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, serving customers in more than 80 countries, supplying innovative products to the construction, aerospace, automotive, filtration and energy industries. With a more than 160-year legacy, we understand that our story continues to grow only with the right people saying, thinking and doing the right things. Make your story our story.
Learn more at www.jm.com/careers and on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
Johns Manville is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law
Apply on company website