DescriptionSHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) - 3 SW Neuro
Full-Time/Nights - 0.9
JFK Medical Center
JFK Medical Center is a multi-campus medical center with four locations throughout Palm Beach County. Our Main Campus in Atlantis is a 472-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for our Comprehensive Services including: 24-Hour Emergency Services, Cardiovascular Care, Cancer Care, Breast Care, Neurosciences, Stroke Care, General, Minimally Invasive & Robotic Surgery, Orthopedic Care, Spine Care, Bariatrics, Sleep Disorders, Wound Management, Behavioral Health and Obstetrics.
Originally named John F. Kennedy Hospital in honor of our nation's 35th president in 1966, JFK Medical Center has since grown into a multi-campus medical center with four Palm Beach County locations.
Our main campus is a 558-bed acute care medical and surgical facility known for its comprehensive services including: 24-hour emergency services, cardiovascular care, neurosciences, general, minimally invasive & robotic surgery, orthopedic and spine care, bariatrics, behavioral health and obstetrics. JFK Main is a Joint Commission certified Primary Stroke Center and a certified Ventricular Assist Device program. We are an American College of Cardiology Chest Pain Center and an American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer accredited Comprehensive Community Cancer Program. We also offer two off-site ERs in Palm Beach Gardens and West Boynton Beach providing the same emergency treatment for adults and children as our hospital based ER, closer to home.
We are located in the City of Atlantis near the coastal cities of Lake Worth and Boynton Beach. Close to the beach, trendy restaurants and shopping malls, there is something for everybody. We invite you to join a dynamic team of top clinical professionals in a fast-paced environment while enjoying the benefits of Palm Beach County living.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Working under the supervision of a nursing, the CNA performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
- Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
- Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
- Assists patients in ambulating.
- Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
- Performs non sterile dressing changes.
- Passes and collects bed pans.
- Changes bed linens.
- Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
- Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program
- State certification as a CNA
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website