Financial Analyst (Commercial, Retail or Residential Asset Management) - Spring 2021 Graduates
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
JBG Properties, Inc.
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Job Location : Postal Code
Job Location : Address
4747 Bethesda Avenue
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
In the Financial Analyst role, you will have the opportunity to (i) deepen your analytical and financial modeling skills (ii) develop real estate valuation skills, (iii) learn the key elements of asset management (iv) interact with many groups throughout the company including investments, development, marketing, property management, accounting and Senior Executives at JBG SMITH.
JBG SMITH is hiring to fill multiple financial analyst positions within the Residential, Retail and Commercial Asset Management groups.
Financial Analysts work with senior leadership in the Asset Management group to maximize the value of each of the assets in the portfolio. Responsibilities will include:
- Creating and maintaining cash flow valuation models for specific assets in the portfolio
- Providing financial analysis on pricing / leasing strategies, renovation plans and other project and portfolio level ROI opportunities
- Participating in the development of annual strategic plans and budgets for specific assets
- Assisting in the evaluation and due diligence for potential acquisitions and dispositions
- Reviewing monthly accruals and financial statements to ensure accuracy, correct issues and evaluate property performance in relation to market trends
- Updating monthly and quarterly reporting for lenders, partners and Senior Executives
- Preparing other analysis as needed to support the asset management and leasing teams
- Assist senior team members in preparing Investment Committee memoranda.
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in real estate, finance or business administration
- 0 - 2 years of experience with superior quantitative skills and analytical abilities
- Advanced proficiency in Excel spreadsheets and working knowledge of Argus preferred
- Core financial and underwriting competency and the ability to create financial models
- Professional presentation and superior written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for learning, focused attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- Dependability as a team member who always gives their best and pitches in when others need help to ensure that collectively the team meets its goals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Apply on company website