Director, Network Operations & Security Infrastructure
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
JBG Properties, Inc.
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Job Location : Postal Code
Job Location : Address
4747 Bethesda Avenue
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
You will lead a team of internal and external engineering professionals focused on delivering reliable, secure, scalable, and efficient infrastructure services utilizing a cloud first approach.
Responsibilities will include:
- Enhancing and furthering the vision of our cloud-based infrastructure approach
- Maturing the overall cyber security posture and serving as the escalation point for incidents and issues from the end user community
- Demonstrating a solid understanding of current cloud and datacenter architectures, platforms and solutions and how they support business deliverables, along with the ability to diagnose, triage, and lead teams during critical incidents and outages to ensure rapid restoration of service.
- Supervising progress of multiple projects to include planning, status reports, budgeting and procurement.
- Communicating status of activities with the team, peers, management, internal and external customers.
- Oversee datacenter and cloud connectivity services, negotiate contracts and manage service providers to our SLA's.
- Partner with internal IT teams and various departments to deliver infrastructure and network solutions that allow our business to grow and continually enhance our tenant experience.
- Build process and adhere to strict compliance rules and regulations for network operations.
- Continually assess and evaluate our infrastructure to provide continual improvement for the business's needs, identify cost savings and move more to the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years of experience managing enterprise class infrastructure in a multi/hybrid cloud environment that includes Azure (inclusive of Office365), AWS, and on-premise/colocation data centers. History of prior migration work and supporting transitional environments a plus.
- Minimum 3- 5 years' experience in IT leadership position, previous experience managing direct reports required
- Must have the ability to effectively delegate and source work through direct reports and strategic vendors. Managing upward and a cross teams will also be critical to succeed.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, and deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to manage network teams with a focus on adherence to SOX compliance standards. PCI compliance experience a plus.
- Detailed understanding of, Cloud Service Operations & Controls, network monitoring and management tools, NIST Framework, ITIL, complex networks and dynamic routing protocols (BGP, EIGRP), SD-WAN, VoIP/Cloud Voice Solutions, SaaS, PaaS, IaaS, SCCM and device/system patching, Building Automation Systems, SIEM, MDR, Security tools for network and endpoint security, Firewalls (Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Meraki), Citrix and WVD/Workspaces
- History of delivering the underlying compute and networking infrastructure to support business initiatives
- Maintain and test both on-premise and cloud-based disaster recovery; build policy and be prepared to act in the event of outages.
- Support transient network issues and make network change decisions to keep the business operational 24/7 while communicating issues in real-time.
- Tracking and reporting on key performance metrics for network and cloud systems availability.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with non-technical people. Must possess influencing ability and can win the confidence of individuals at all levels, both inside and outside the organization.
- Must have ability to prioritize, communicate and organize multiple projects of varying complexity, frequently under deadline pressure.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Must be adaptable to change and quickly learn new software and adapt to new technologies.
Any equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience that fulfills the requirements of the position will be considered.
JBG is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website