Development Analyst - Immediate Hire
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
JBG Properties, Inc.
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Job Location : Postal Code
Job Location : Address
4747 Bethesda Avenue
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Coordinate and attend design and construction meetings;
- Create and maintain financial analyses;
- Assist in RFP and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other outside consultants; present recommendations to the Development Manager; assist in the contracting of various consultants, contractors and vendors; work closely with the design and construction team throughout the development process.
- Prepare and monitor budgets, including preparation of monthly loan draw packages and lender and/or investor reports;
- Assist in obtaining project entitlements and permits, including meetings with City/County staff to negotiate outstanding issues; creating presentations for public forums; assist in tracking the fulfillment of entitlement proffers and conditions;
- Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays;
- Review contractor, consultant and vendor invoices for accuracy and compare to applicable proposals/contracts; and
- Work with financial analysts to keep project-specific economic models up to date.
- Bachelor's Degree required;
- 0-5 years of professional work experience (1-2 years in the real estate industry is preferred);
- Passion for real estate development;
- While candidates must be collaborative, they should also have the ability to work independently and lead portions of a project to leverage Development Manager's time;
- Knowledge of development fundamentals is preferred; including the process, proforma, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management;
- Strong attention to detail, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment; and
- Strong financial, entrepreneurial, problem-solving, time management, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills.
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website