Associate, Development - Summer 2021 Start
Job Post Information* : Posted Date
Job Post Information* : External Company Name
JBG Properties, Inc.
Job Post Information* : External Company URL
Job Location : Postal Code
Job Location : Address
4747 Bethesda Avenue
Job Post Information* : Post End Date
- Develop project vision, development programs, business plans and financial models; Monitor and evaluate project performance against the baseline business plans and financial models.
- Manage and obtain project entitlements and permits, including meetings with the community and municipalities to negotiate outstanding issues and obtain necessary approvals.
- Oversee the scope, RFP and contracting process for architects, engineers, contractors, and other project vendors and consultants.
- Effectively coordinate and manage consultants and contractors throughout the development process.
- Assist in preparing financial and market feasibility analyses for projects
- Track project schedules and monitor progress and delays.
- Prepare and monitor project budgets, including preparation of monthly capital calls, loan draw packages and lender and/or investor reports.
- Review consultant and contractor invoices for accuracy and compare to applicable proposals/contracts.
- Manage development and financial analysts working on the project, as well as other internal resources and staff.
- Coordinate, manage and lead project design and construction meetings.
- Identify potential project risks and develop mitigation strategies.
- Provide regular project reporting internally and to project investors, partners and lenders
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- MBA or Masters in Real Estate preferred
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience required, development experience is preferred; prior urban mixed-use experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a larger, collaborative team
- Proven leadership skills needed to manage internal staff, consultants and development team
- Strong quantitative background in development, including financial feasibility analysis, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management
- Knowledge of development fundamentals; including the process, proforma, design, financing, permitting, construction, and project management;
- Must possess attention to detail, confidentiality, integrity, and the ability to maintain a high level of professionalism in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to make public and internal presentations and write investment memoranda
- Passion for real estate development
- Proven entrepreneurial skill
Application Deadline: November 20th, 2020
JBG SMITH is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other protected class, in accordance with applicable law.
Apply on company website