Jack Henry's Technology Services Endpoint Engineering Team is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. Our geographically dispersed eight-person team is responsible for Windows, Linux, MacOS, iOS, Android, and Horizon View system management, configuration management, platform management (SCCM, SCOM, Azure Intune, and other SaaS based apps, etc.), and assisting with process automation. This individual will spend their time authoring scripts, programs, and workflows to automate tasks and processes.
The ideal candidate is hardworking, self-motivated, and enjoys working independently while part of a high-performing team. A love of learning and finding ways to do things better is a must! The ideal candidate would also need to see the big picture and understand the business impact of their work and how to interpret business requirements.
This position can be based to work out of any Jack Henry office or remote from any US location.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Windows and Linux administration.
- Must have experience with PowerShell and Python.
- Must be able to travel up to 5% for conferences or meetings.
- Experience with one or more modern scripting languages in addition to PowerShell and Python (e.g. Ruby, Bash, Perl etc.).
- Experience with Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, and/or DevOps.
- Experience with one or more automation tools (Chef Automate, Artifactory, Jenkins, System Center Orchestrator, System Center Operations Manager, System Center Configuration Manager, Microsoft Service Management Automation, Azure Automation, Ansible, Salt and Puppet etc.).
- Experience with project management or Agile methodology.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Provide operational system administration support for enterprise applications in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
- Assists with IT functions such as design, analysis, evaluation, testing, debugging and implementation of applications programs in support of one or more functional areas.
- Analyzes, installs, acquires, modifies and supports operating systems, database or utilities software.
- Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
- Monitor alerting systems and servers.
- Review issues logs and network capacity reports to identify trends and solutions that should be implemented enterprise-wide.
- Maintain in-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
- Assists with the preparation of systems assessments or certifications.
- Assists with the execution of test processes and scenarios, track results, and make recommendations of system fixes.
- Assists with network disaster recovery initiatives. Implement solutions to streamline disaster recovery.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Apply on company website