The Banno Team with Jack Henry & Associates is redefining the relationship between forward-thinking financial institutions and their customers. Banno leverages modern technology and an industry leading product vision to make user-friendly mobile and web apps. We have a first-class API; the same API our web and mobile apps use is the same API that is open to the community to build on top of and extend.
You are infinitely curious and thrive in an environment where you are constantly learning and growing. You want to be somewhere that you are trusted and set up for success every day. You want to be somewhere that surrounds you with other great engineers that drive you to be better every day.
Although you work in a team you are self-motivated and able to work with independence. You want to own the deliverable from working with the product manager to define the scope all the way through supporting your work in production. You care deeply about your work, your team, and the end user. Banno values trust and those with a bias towards action. We have a remote-first culture that challenges you each day and supports your growth. We are confident you will love it here.
What you and your team are working on
The Senior Node Engineer participates and works with our team to provide APIs and web servers for a suite of single page applications as well as our online banking product. Our APIs are first-class in nature and are consumed by both our internal teams as well as teams outside of Banno.
Senior Node Engineers are constantly keeping our app up to date with the newest development and deployment practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data. The Node team also works to enable other teams at Banno by building tools and processes that help them do their work faster and deliver for consistently.
About the Banno team
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With an engineering team of less than 100, we place high value on continued education and also contribute to, and use, open source projects.
Our team is distributed and that means you can live and work wherever you want–as long as your work hours match US business hours. You'll get the chance to choose your own tools, work with bleeding edge web technologies across the stack and contribute to products that are used by thousands of people.
This position will be hired Remotely.
- Minimum 3 years of experience building Restful API's with NodeJS and Express/KOA/GraphQL.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience with continuous integration systems.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with Typescript.
- Experience tracing a request through the network stack.
- Implemented OAuth2/OpenID Connect.
- Completes product technical design and prototyping, software development, bug verification and resolution.
- Performs system analysis and programming activities which may require extensive research and analysis.
- Provides technical/engineering support for new and existing applications from code delivery until the retirement of the application.
- Provides both individual and budget-level tasks and product effort estimates/costs.
- Ensures timely, effective, and quality delivery of software into production, both at an individual and team level.
- Develops and tests applications based on business requirements and industry best practices.
- Creates required technical documentation.
- Adheres to documented departmental and corporate standards. Participates in the definition and documentation of standards.
- Collaboratively works with QA team to ensure timely delivery of high-quality products.
- Collaboratively works with customer support team to resolve or diagnose defects.
- Performs release validation testing and beta support for projects.
- Researches problems and develops solutions to the problems.
- Conducts unit testing and integration testing for functionality and limits.
- Assists in training and mentoring less experienced peers.
- May contribute to product architecture.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Apply on company website