As a Senior Mobile Android Application Developer on the Banno Platform at Jack Henry & Associates, you'll get the chance to make a real, positive impact on people's lives. Our mission is to give people the best possible experience they can have with their finances. We're doing this by reimagining the digital presence of financial institutions and building products that empower and delight their users.The Senior Mobile Application Developer works on our mobile banking apps in close cooperation with our product design and API teams. Under minimal supervision, Senior Developers participate in new and enhanced application features and API's for mobile phones, smartphones, and other mobile devices. Android Developers are constantly keeping our applications up to date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data.
We are committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, and openness. Our team is highly distributed, meaning you will work with kind, talented engineers from across the United States. You'll get the chance to contribute to products that are used by millions of people.
This position will be hired Remotely within the US.
- Minimum 6 years of mobile development experience.
- Minimum 5 year of Android application development experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science.
- Experience releasing successful Android applications on Google Play.
- Excellent knowledge of the Android framework and understanding of Android's ecosystem, including third party libraries.
- Hands on experience with Kotlin and/or Java in a professional environment.
- Excellent understanding of Android UI design patterns and Material UI guidelines.
- Experience integrating Mobile Apps with back end Web Services (REST).
- Knowledge of alternative Mobile App frameworks, tools and technologies such as Jenkins Continuous Integration Server, Git, and Maven.
- Strong communication and documentation skills.
- Contributes to the functional design and architecture of customer-facing, high trafficked mobile applications.
- Designs and creates interactive graphic user interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Works with web engineering teams to create and maintain data sources and API's to support the apps.
- Standardizes platform to be able to deliver across multiple brands with minimal effort.
- Standardizes and enforces coding standards and best practices, including optimizing the apps for performance.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in mobile technologies.
- May assist less experienced peers.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At Jack Henry, we know we are better together. We value, respect, and protect the uniqueness each of us brings. Innovation flourishes by including all voices and makes our business—and our society—stronger. Jack Henry is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to providing equal opportunity in all of our employment practices, including selection, hiring, performance management, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, education, training, social, and recreational activities to all persons regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, and military and veteran status, or any other protected status protected by local, state or federal law.
No one will be subject to, and Jack Henry prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation, or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim, or cooperating in related investigations.
Apply on company website