Jack Henry & Associates is seeking a SQL Server Database Administrator who can collaborate and act as the bridge with our iPay Infrastructure and Development teams. You must be comfortable working in a project team environment, be self-motivated, possess a strong sense of urgency, and have a high level of energy. This individual will partner closely with the Jack Henry Corporate support and Agile teams so excellent verbal and written communication skills are necessary. Your team is responsible for keeping iPay Solutions' Data Services Platforms available, healthy, secure, and compliant. The successful candidate will help execute the vision for the Data Services team by recommending the right solutions for the environment, appropriately monitoring and alerting, educating teams on best practices, as well as providing guidance on future technology initiatives.
- 2 or more years of DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Relational Databases and T-SQL Scripting.
- Bachelor's degree.
- MS SQL Server DBA certification.
- MS SQL Server experience on versions 2014 and later.
- Cross DB platform experience (e.g. Microsoft Azure SQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo)
- OLTP experience.
- Agile team experience.
- SQL Sentry, Azure DevOps, Visual Studio, Redgate Utilities, SSIS, and SSRS experience.
- Hands-on experience with Code Management process and control - prefer experience with Azure DevOps
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Monitors server performance and health and recommends changes as needed.
- Works closely with developers, support, and QA teams to maintain all database environments.
- Refreshes databases as needed by developers or functional teams.
- Performs database administration activities including installation, configuration, monitoring, space management, upgrades, patching, database backup and recovery, database code deployment, and disaster recovery.
- May perform database server installations, configurations, and maintenance for clustered and highly available database servers.
- Performs database code reviews and provides input to database design.
- Helps to create documentation of business and technical procedures.
- Follows all policies and procedures to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Writes and reviews database objects including stored procedures, triggers, views, indexes, and tables.
- Participates in after-hours and weekend on-call rotation with DBA Team members.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Jack Henry & Associates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Jack Henry & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and maintains a Drug-Free Workplace.
Females, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Apply on company website