IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
We are looking to appoint Statistical Programmer 2!
Statistical Programmer will be able to provide technical expertise to develop and maintain programs to meet internal and external clients' needs. Also she/he will lead the development of project-related solutions to the full scope of statistical programming tasks and provide technical expertise to the Statistical Programming department.
- Perform as lead programmer on single studies (ensures high quality deliverables, delivers on time within budget, ensures SOP compliance programming, across team, maximizes programming efficiency with use of tools, manages data quality issue resolutions).
- Plans and documents timelines, forecasts resource needs, suggests work may be out of scope.
- Programming project set up (single studies) and maintenance of BIOSETUP, global tools & project macros. Programming project set up for integrated databases, with supervision.
- Writes and maintains programming specifications for safety datasets, may include complex/efficacy datasets. Programs analysis datasets; including complex domains and derivations. Handles analysis set derivations and assignment.
- Performs programming review of SAP and shells. Writes programming specifications/shells for Tables, Listings and Figures.
- Programs complex tables, listings and figures (production or validation), using Biostatistical tools where applicable. Checks output for format and content, and questions specification as needed. Ensures consistency across outputs.
- Shares accountability (with resource managers) for the financial success of their studies. Responsible for sharing budget expectations with their team. Raises concerns to manager if new work or rework appears to be Out of Scope. Understands 'scope of work', contract, QIP and budget assumptions. As a lead, will have input on forecasting of hours to complete.
- Anticipates risks to minimize need for study level escalations.
- Completes and reviews more complex assigned tasks on time with expectations of 'Right the First Time'.
- Actively participates in internal project team meetings; provides timely progress updates. If in lead role, runs meetings, documents and follows up on actions. Supports colleagues and provides motivation as needed.
- Helps train staff regarding operational items. Mentors junior staff.
- Identifies risks to project delivery and/or quality; spends time to proactively avoid as well as proposes solutions to mitigate risks.
- Creates/QCs define.xmls. Reviews Pinnacle 21 output and resolves issues. Creates/QCs SDTM/ ADaM reviewers guide (SDRG/ ADRG), under supervision as needed.
- May perform lead programmer role on multiple or single complex studies (ensures high quality deliverables, delivers on time within budget, ensures SOP compliance programming, across team, maximizes programming efficiency with use of tools, manages data quality issue resolutions, prioritizes and takes proactive approach to gain efficiencies in work across protocols).
- May be able to review and comment on proposals/budgets at a study level. May contribute to RFPs. May be expected to present at bid defenses.
- May serve as primary point of contact for customer. May also consult on operational topics with clients.
- May serve as unblinded lead programmer.
- May perform lead programmer review role, as needed.
- May be a contributor to development of technology offerings.
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.
Apply on company website