Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The electrical team provides assurance, testing, inspection and certification for a variety of electric products, including appliances, consumer electronics, lighting, medical devices, information communications technology, HVACR, industrial, and energy transmission and distribution. Our dedicated professionals help ensure the quality and safety of electrical products used by people throughout the world.
This position is responsible for providing technical support for engineering staff, including performing duties related to testing. This position works under direct supervision.
- Operating test equipment
- Maintaining equipment and test set-ups
- Preparing test samples
- Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
- Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
- Associates Degree in science; electronics or electrical technology highly preferred OR High school diploma or GED and 3 years' experience as a technician
- Knowledge of electronics or mechanical fundamentals, power systems, mechanical systems, or equiv.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused work environment; ability to balance workload with technicians' and customers' needs
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to utilize common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Microsoft Office software expertise, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website