Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Technical Writer will support the Building and Construction business by providing administrative support services to staff in our Elmendorf, TX office. We're looking for a candidate that is highly detail orientated, have excellent computer and customer service skills, have a flexible and positive attitude and work well in a high paced team environment.
· Create various documents, spreadsheets, etc. utilizing Microsoft Office software
· Issue and follow up on quotes
· Proofread and edit technical documents
· Assist with the analysis of data as required
· Perform various general office duties, including faxing, copying, mailing, filing, etc.
· Research a wide variety of information requests
· Performing standard administrative duties as required
· High school diploma or GED
· Prior experience directly related to the role
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written format
· Excellent prioritization, organization and time management skills
· Detail oriented
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with shifting priorities
· Ability to type quickly and accurately
· Ability to comprehend, analyze, and systematically compile technical, statistical, and/or financial information into comprehensive reports or other formats
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website