Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
The NDE Level II Technician will support the Industry Services business line with projects across the US, for both local work and out-of-area assignments. This position will be responsible for performing assigned inspection activities to ensure that an object, material, or system complies with applicable codes, standards, and specific job requirements. We are seeking an experienced Level II Technician, with certifications in MT, PT, UT, UTT, and/or RT.
This will be a full-time position based out of our office in Houma, Louisiana, with travel to clients sites as required.
- The duties and responsibilities of the NDE Level II Technician are oriented towards the inspection of assigned materials, objects, or systems using one or more of the following NDT methods:
- Ultrasonic Testing (UT): Using standard ultrasonic equipment with compression and shear waves to test for thickness or flaws in materials and welds, or to check for disbonding or laminations.
- Ultrasonic Testing (UTT): Application of compression waves in routine thickness measurement. (Digital readout and/or A-scan presentation).
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT): Application of standard magnetic particle examinations on ferromagnetic materials utilizing yokes, prods, or coils and dry particles or wet fluorescent techniques.
- Dye-Penetrant Testing (PT): Application of standard penetrant materials using solvent or water washable, visible, or fluorescent techniques.
- Set up and calibrate equipment; interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable codes, standards, and specifications.
- Should be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the methods for which qualified and shall exercise assigned responsibility for on the job training and guidance of assigned trainees and NDE Level I personnel.
- Should be able to organize and report the results of any assigned NDT.
- Provide a professional appearance when interfacing with clients and other coworkers
- Adopt an Intertek “Marketing and Sales” attitude in all client, vendor, employee, and outside contact interactions.
- Actively pursue continuing technical education courses or seminars.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with at least 2 years of inspection related experience required.
- Must be qualified and certified in one or more of the following NDT methods that will be utilized:
- Liquid penetrant examination
- Magnetic particle examination (yoke and prod techniques)
- Ultrasonic Shear Wave
- Ultrasonic thickness measurement
- Must be able to operate inspection testing apparatuses applicable to method applying for including:
- MT AC Yoke with power supply, blacklight, visible light meter
- UT instruments with digital thickness readout and graphic “A-scan” presentation
- Thickness measurement calibration blocks
- Dual-element transducer
- UV light meter
- Surface temperature thermometers
- Penetrant testing tools and supplies
- Must have a valid Driver's License and TWIC card.
- Must be able to pass a physical exam.
- Must have a mindset of safety first.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website