Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
The Maintenance Technician performs installation, maintenance, and repair of plant support equipment and systems. Performs preventative maintenance functions per equipment operating manuals and schedules.
- Responsible for the repair, installation and maintenance of machinery and mechanical equipment, including oily water separator, dynamometer, blowers, pumps, filters, fuel lines, air compressors, HVAC, humidified air system, boilers, chillers, ducting, cooling towers, and water systems in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operations manuals and manufacturer's specifications.
- Responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of engine testing laboratory air exhaust systems.
- Provides new test stand installation support in general. Modifies or repairs existing stands using had tools and power equipment; performs plumbing for fuel, air and water systems.
- Perform other duties as required.
- To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3 years of mechanical equipment troubleshooting and repair experience required.
- Trade school with pipe-fitting, machine shop, mechanical maintenance or similar trade experience preferred.
- Ability to read and understand complex prints.
- Must demonstrate proficiency in the use of hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices used in trade.
- Must be able to lift and carry heavy objects up to 49 lbs.
- Must respond to call for emergency repairs during off-duty hours including nights, weekend and holidays
- Must have a valid motor vehicle operator's license. Shall comply with all company, city and state regulations for operation of a motor vehicle.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website