ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under moderate supervision, the SI Inspector is responsible for performing the routine duties necessary to ensure they are of the highest quality, and to ensure that such services are provided in a timely, safe, legal, and ethical manner.
The reporting lines of the position may differ among branches within the Company. Therefore, an SI Inspector may report to the Branch Manager, or the Field Services Leader. The specific reporting line for a SI Inspector is determined by the Branch Manager and/or Field Services Leader. An SI Inspector will work in full cooperation with all Local, Area, and Regional departments in dealing with the assigned responsibilities.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
· Receive, examine, and record a through log-in process, inbound items for testing.
· Perform testing of samples and quality control specimens using specified methodology.
· Assist in the training of less experienced employees.
· Carry out inspections in strict accordance with the relevant sections of the SI Program, and/or any other documents provided by the Company acting reasonably. The SI Inspector shall bring to the Company's immediate attention any aspects related to the product, product marking and records, which do not comply with the applicable Company procedures, other documents or the SI Program guidelines.
· Performs special inspections of un-approved equipment within their area of expertise. Ensures product meets technical requirements and meets minimum safety requirements.
· Communicates with clients in a professional manner to schedule inspection appointments and provide technical assistance.
· Documents required alterations and communicates details with client.
· Conducts research on technical and procedural issues as per program guidelines.
· Provides training and mentors new staff on a needs basis.
· Interacts with AHJs as needed.
· Carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company's Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
· The SI Inspector is expected to have experience in Engineering Technology or equivalent, with industry related experience; or Journeyman Electrician with industry related experience; or related technical field with 5 year's industry related experience.
· The SI Inspector must be physically able to do the work required i.e. carrying test equipment
· To have the ability to travel frequently and work well alone
· The SI Inspector should have a positive attitude, a high tolerance for job pressure and long hours, and the ability for working and communicating with persons of diverse personalities and backgrounds.
· Able to read and interpret engineering drawings and test data as required to complete assigned duties
· Computer skills (word processing, e-mail)
· Usage of calibrated measurement instruments, high voltage test equipment, hand tools
· Ability to manage changing schedules and deadlines with limited supervision
· Strong interpersonal skills; self-starter; good decision-making skills and organizational skills
· Strong conflict resolution skills to be able to handle difficult situations
· Certification / Lab Testing experience preferred and/or experience with the CEC
Apply on company website