PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Geotechnical Technicians to join our Building and Construction team in Houston, TX.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Geotechnical Technicians will support the Building and Construction business performing testing services, entering reports and data gathered from tests and observations.Duties
- Setting up test apparatus, operating equipment, maintaining equipment and facilities
- Preparing test samples
- Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
- Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
- Report any observations, for example inconsistent data, to management.
- Follow all health safety and housekeeping policies, including keeping the work area organized
- May draft technical reports
- 2+ Experience in geotechnical engineering preferred not required
- Must be neat in appearance and punctual
- Must have high school diploma/GED
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website