Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
The transportation technologies team provides the transportation industry with the confidence that its products and services meet required safety and quality standards. The team's services cover all aspects of clients' needs from advisory, auditing, certification and inspection to outsourcing, quality assurance, testing, training and more.
This position is responsible for independently performing testing and directing evaluation of engines and/or sub-systems including endurance, performance and exhaust emissions testing. Included in this responsibility are tasks such as: working with all levels of staff to successfully deliver programs, working within the management team to determine strategy for the department and communicating with clients.
The position will require a very “hands-on” individual with experience in engine operation and good troubleshooting skills.
- Independently, provide technical oversight of engine development programs and ensure successful delivery of client programs as per their requirements. To do this, the Project Engineer must:
- Have a solid understanding of engines and how they perform as well as equipment found in the test cell environment
- Validate test results as required
- Be able to read and understand test requests
- Understand the scope of the project, identify and ensure that test instruments and processes required to support the testing are prepared
- Respond proactively and effectively to technical problems to avoid lost test time
- Interface routinely with the customers to build relationships using strong inter-personal skills
- Have strong inter-personal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with staff of all levels
- Provide mentoring to less senior technical staff and be a resource to them to assist when testing issues arise
- Help to identify testing services that the corporation should pursue to broaden our offerings
- Identify process improvement activities and provide support for implementation which drive efficiency and safety
- Help build customer relations by supporting client visits.
- Drive routine project status and test results to client. Provide on-going support to clients as needed
- Within policy guidelines, identify, properly document, and recommend engineering judgments.
- Support development of direct and support corporate requirements (performance appraisals, succession planning, etc.)
- Perform other work as required.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering. Master's degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years directly-related work experience (engine/powertrain testing, design, or development)
- Experience in the following areas is highly desired: diesel engine operation, exhaust emissions equipment, and engine dynamometer test stands
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form
- Ability to make technical decisions and engineering judgments independently within established parameters
- Excellent communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Microsoft Office expertise
- Ability to travel as business needs dictate (Travel < 10%)
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website