PSI, an Intertek Company, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Construction Materials Laboratory Technicians to join our Building and Construction team in San Antonio, TX.
Ranked #15 on the 2019 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Laboratory Technician will support the Building & Construction business by performing testing as per standard methods or procedures, recording data, and performing routine calculations. Equipment and test methods are specified, and routine procedures are followed. We're looking for someone with ability to read, interpret and understand standard test methods, Quality policy manuals, safety rules, and procedure manuals.Duties:
- Setting up test apparatus, operating equipment, maintaining equipment and facilities
- Preparing test samples
- Obtaining and recording test data in accordance with standards
- Performing basic analysis of test data and routine calculations
- Report any observations, for example inconsistent data, to management.
- Follow all health safety and housekeeping policies, including keeping the work area organized
- May draft technical reports
- High school diploma or GED and 1-2 year(s) of relevant experience or the equivalent in terms of education, experience and training
- Ability to utilize basic shop equipment and various hand tools
- Ability to review, understand, and convey technical information in an effective manner
- Ability to apply common-sense understanding to carry out test instructions
- Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment
- Strong communication skills, in both verbal and written formats
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.LI-SL
Apply on company website