Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices with over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification solutions for our customers' operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace, and passion, enables our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek's Industry Services team provides technical solutions that help customers maximize operational efficiency, ensure asset reliability, improve quality, and minimize safety risks. Some of our many service areas include inspection, non-destructive and materials testing, technical training, engineering, surveying, QA/QC, and supplier auditing.
We are seeking an Engineer with boiler and heat recovery steam generator (HRSG) experience to join our team. This will be a remote position, with travel to client sites for projects as required.
- Perform on-site inspections of power plant HRSGs and boilers and provide customers with practical recommendations which increase reliability and efficiency.
- Perform engineering analysis projects including performance analysis, failure analysis, risk assessments, and other similar studies.
- Perform materials-related analysis on power plant specific components including piping and tubing.
- Prepare proposals to clients based on their specific needs. Determine price, describe scope of supply, write proposal, follow up with client, and be prepared to answer client questions regarding proposal.
- Prepare and send sales proposals to clients, based on their specific needs.
- Apply engineering principles to solve unique problems not previously encountered.
- Provide engineering support and in service-degraded equipment Fitness-for-Service (FFS) assessments.
- Complete analyses encompassing a full range of engineering mechanics sub-disciplines (stress, heat transfer, fatigue, plasticity, stability, etc.) to complete run, repair or replace decisions regarding the FFS status for in-service pressure equipment.
- Development and/or delivery of training courses on the subject matter, and development of software tools for analysis.
- Interface with failure analysis and non-destructive examination specialists.
- Responsible for project execution and value realization - selected candidate will develop and manage projects and assure project goals and objectives are attained and sustained.
- Responsible for front line contact with the customer from the proposal stage through project completion.
- Schedule projects and work with engineers to complete their work. The candidate must be intimately familiar with metallurgy/materials science and forensic analysis to enable effective high-level communication between them and the project engineers necessary to deliver the projects.
- Be the principal investigator on various forensic projects, and be capable to provide expert witness testimony for cases involving litigation.
- Provide concise and clear documentation and reporting on results of investigations and analyses. This includes projects performed by the candidate themselves, and the supervision and quality control of the work and reports generated by technicians working under the candidate.
- Work with existing clients and search out new business, including writing proposals and creating project budgets.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited college or university is required.
- Professional Engineering (P.E.) license.
- Power industry engineering experience is desirable.
- Technical proficiency in two or more of the following fields: mechanics of materials, metallurgy, materials engineering, failure analysis, heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, structural engineering, and/or plant operations.
- Successful performance in this role requires effective communication and strong analytical skills balanced with practical experience and a strong commitment to developing better processes.
- Ability to travel up to 20-30% as an annual average, but may be as high as 50-60% during busy seasons.
- Excellent communication skills to interface with and understand the needs of our clients.
- Good report writing and presentation skills to summarize project results and recommendations.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Apply on company website