Req ID: 33947
Chicago, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a crucial role in assessing the demand and resource requirements for all new commercial aviation business. Your projects will range from short-term opportunities with existing airlines to large long-term contracts, from small regional carriers to the world's prestigious airlines.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Connect with customers by investigating airline/passenger internet needs, develop demand forecasts and determine satellite resources
- Demonstrate your communication skills when presenting your analysis to the business team
- Exercise your desire for continuous improvement as you enhance the forecasting tools and processes
- Leverage your strength in data analysis to collect and summarize network usage trends
- Investigate internet usage trends and develop long term demand forecasts that will influence the future satellite designs
Can you drive these processes?
Attend new opportunity kickoff meetings, capture customer requirements, determine the best process/tools for the analysis, collaborate with engineering team to source information, present results to the sales team and help prepare business cases.
You should definitely have:
- 4-year degree in Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience forecasting demand and network capacity for a satellite operator, mobile operator or ISP
- Strong Excel modeling skills
- Ability to clearly summarize analysis in PPT
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge of commercial airline industry and flight schedules
- Basic understanding of SQL and Python
- MBA degree
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
• We emphasize personal and professional growth
• Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
• Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
We're Intelsat Inflight, the inflight internet company. We believe the internet should do everything it does on the ground, in the sky. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Other Job Info:
• These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website