Req ID: 34348
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 7 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
Join our dynamic and innovative team of Data Management professionals who specialize in designing and delivering solutions to enable big data analytics which support the growth and performance of our inflight connected experience under Intelsat's Commercial Aviation (Gogo) division.
You will play a vital role in leading and managing the full lifecycle of big data solutions including development of our data architecture strategy, roadmap, and implementation plans. You will function as the primary point of contact for data architecture consultation required by technical teams and recommend best practices in approach and design to development teams. You will evaluate and approve technical design specifications of POC's and data features which support the strategic objectives of Gogo CA and airline partners. You are assertive and inquisitive in your journey to understand customer requirements and existing environments to better translate these into AWS configurations that meet performance, scalability, and availability needs.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Utilizes a rigorous design methodology that consistently yields the right level of technical design documentation and develops technical solutions that conform both to customer requirements and information development standards.
- Understands the strategic direction of the business and related SW/IT platforms, including an in-depth understanding of systems topography and services across the enterprise and how they relate to functions.
- Uses a vast amount of programming tools to innovate and design new solutions to store and manage data.
- Consults in problem resolution to support data development through delivery.
- Develops strong relationships with all primary and secondary stakeholders.
- Communicates infrastructure concepts to all levels of management.
- Addresses infrastructure reusability and services.
- Ensures that expected infrastructure quality levels are achieved.
- Utilizes industry information management trends to innovate and provide new project/product ideas within the BD lifecycle.
- Researches and maintains knowledge in emerging technologies and offers recommendations on the application to the business.
- Understands various requirement gathering and specification methodologies and can recommend one appropriate to a project.
- Understands process of defining architectures, main architectural deliverables and can describe their architecture from multiple viewpoints.
- Works as equals with Data Engineers, BI Developers, Business Analysts, and Data Scientists to establish optimal design/development/delivery which properly serves technical teams and our user community. Identifies risks, tradeoffs, and investment decisions to facilitate best approach.
Can you drive these processes?
- Evaluate current data platform and deliver an assessment including recommendations on technologies, services, pipelines, integration, process, and information standards.
- Develop data architecture strategy and roadmap which will encompass new and evolving technologies and platforms which collect data.
- Establish an implementation plan and work with adjacent technical and development teams to educate and inform data management best practices from design to delivery.
- Architect solutions to enable best-in-class analytic platforms, real-time monitoring and broaden our business intelligence and reporting capabilities.
- Work collaboratively with the business and diverse team of developers in an agile environment providing critical architectural input to support new data features and services.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related technology.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant architecture and development experience; 5+ years utilizing cloud-based services.
- Significant experience in solutions architecture / Big Data solutions (Hadoop)
- Technical proficiency including RDBMS, DBMS, AWS, cloud computing, NoSQL, Apache Accumulo, Hadoop technologies (Hive, Pig), data mining and modeling tools, programming languages (Python, Java), operating systems and backup systems.
- Expertise in implementing AWS services in a variety of environments.
- Expertise building data lakes and data warehouses in AWS using a variety of cloud services EMR, EC2, S3, Kinesis, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue, Athena, Redshift, SageMaker, Glacier.
- Expertise in Analytics data architecture and data modeling.
- Expertise in data analysis and writing and developing complex queries using SQL.
- Ability to work autonomously and with small cross-functional teams.
- Strong communication skills including technical documentation, development and delivery of demonstrations and presentations and the ability to listen and communicate effectively with functional leaders and senior leadership.
- Ability to prepare detailed assessments and deliver insights and recommendations to inform best-in-class data architecture that matches the needs of relevant development teams as well as the general user community.
- Passion for leveraging technology to drive organizational value.
- Influence to drive vision to enable best-in-class data architecture that is sustainable, reliable, and extensible.
It would be nice if you had:
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- Experience in Data Science and Machine Learning
- Experience with Tableau or similar data visualization tools
- Experience with Elastic, Hosted Graphite, Grafana or similar data streaming and monitoring technologies
- Experience with Agile development and related collaboration software
- Knowledge of DevOps, CloudOps and MLOps
- Experience in airline / aviation, internet, or telecommunications
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth.
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training.
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture.
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
- Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website