Req ID: 31429
Travel: Less than 10%
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
You will play a vital role in IGC's Legal, Contracts, and Procurement team by managing activities for a portfolio of important government and commercial contracts. You should enjoy performing critical work in a highly collaborative, dynamic, and diverse environment where independent problem solving and excellent negotiation skills are required.
Your responsibilities will cross functional boundaries and comprise all aspects of contract management including, but not limited to, proposal support, contract drafting and negotiation, and contract administration. You will collaborate with and support the Sales, Market Development, and Program Management teams to negotiate and close deals, to execute program requirements, and to drive success for the company and our customers.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Review solicitation documents and draft contract terms; advise as to acceptability and provide risk mitigation strategies
- Evaluate and negotiate contracts, to include identification and analysis of issues and development and implementation of solutions
- Provide contract interpretation and guidance to stakeholders
- Monitor contract performance for conformance to requirements
- Perform life cycle administration of a variety of contracts and service orders
- Provide routine and ad hoc contract status reporting, and provide audit support
- Maintain proper contract files in compliance with company policies and security requirements
- Implement special programs, as needed, to address the various security requirements of classified contracts. Protect and secure all sensitive customer and partner information.
- Think strategically and offer process improvements to increase efficiency, productivity, and organizational well-being
- Foster strong relationships with customers, partners, and other internal and external stakeholders
Can you drive these processes?
- Managing contract and proposal-related customer communications; ensuring contract compliance; advising stakeholders on key contractual issues and suggesting strategies; maintaining documentation in accordance with requirements and best practices
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's Degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience; equivalent combination of education & experience considered
- An active TS/SCI clearance with CI poly
- In-depth knowledge of FAR and DFAR
- Deep experience negotiating and administering U.S. Government contracts
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop sound business relationships
It would be nice if you had:
- Prior experience with SalesForce
- Certified Professional Contract Manager (CPCM) certification
- Significant experience managing classified contracts with the U.S. Department of Defense and/or Intelligence Community
- Prior experience with or knowledge of the satellite/telecommunications industry
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Other Job Info:
- This position requires ITAR access
- Candidates must be US Citizens.
- This role is subject to ITAR
- Candidates must be a US Citizen
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website