Req ID: 28961
Travel: Less than 30%
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 5 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
Join an innovative team that is responsible for evolving the customer experience by establishing globalized connectivity without boundaries. By reaching beyond the satellite industry to leverage the broader communications landscape, our vision will define the performance and flexibility required to open new profitable markets, drive new revenue streams and ensure the most reliable and secure communications globally. To accomplish our goal, we are looking for bold thinkers who will continue our legacy of innovation for decades to come.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
As a leading contributor, this position will perform services design requirement analysis, development of product-specific architectures, lab testing and evaluation, prototype demonstration, and technical documentation across Network Engineering. You will drive best practice development by providing consistent design methodology and modeling for asset management, provisioning standards, fault management analysis, utilization and performance monitoring, and security requirements. In conjunction with design development, this role will interact with Intelsat upstream and downstream teams to define detailed Statement of Work (SOW) documentation. We are looking for a strategic expert that is familiar with the integration of existing and emerging technology trends and can provide advanced technical leadership for continued growth. In collaboration with other senior SME's, this position will mentor junior team members and assist in the creation of a training environment for the Deployment and Operations teams. In addition, you will provide level 4 services support to the Operations team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Provide guidance on all existing and proposed architecture to ensure that the design supports strong performance and that proper monitoring/analytic tools are in place.
- Ensure that all designs apply consistent methodology with best practices, in order to deliver stable and secure networks.
- Perform engineering calculation related to design that requires the application of standard engineering principles, theories, concepts and techniques.
- Identify emerging markets and trends and provide solutions for integration approach.
Provide SME (Subject Matter Expert) support for service feasibility.
- Collaborate extensively with Deployment Engineers and the Development Engineering Team.
- Create detailed scope requirements for the Statement of Work (SOW) process, ensuring that final documentation is clear and accurate to ensure the greatest work efficiency.
- Collaborate with Project Managers to ensure the success of the design detailed in the SOW, including communication regarding technical scope, schedule, budget, and resource needs.
- Work closely with Finance, Engineering, and other applicable departments to ensure the profitability of all designs.
- Practice and enforce compliance with current operating standards, to best assess effectiveness and process alignment.
- Provide proactive leadership to mentor and coach all team members.
- Enhance training materials and deliver ongoing training to Operations team members.
Can you drive these processes?
Design end-to-end customer solutions for VSAT Platforms; Systems design and integration; KPI Data Gathering and Analysis; Manage Vendor Hardware and Software life cycles; Manage new product and feature enhancements; Provide consultation / SME support for internal and external customers.
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar discipline with at least five years of network and/or systems experience (or an equivalent amount of education and work experience).
- Must have Expert-level knowledge of Satellite Broadband systems like iDirect, Gilat, Newtec Dialog or HNS Jupiter
- Must have Expert-level knowledge of system hub components and VSAT Terminals and VSAT Antennas
- Must have experience with IP routing protocols, including but not limited to: BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP-1/2 and ISIS.
- Must have knowledge of switching technologies including but not limited to; IGMP, 802.XX, Gigabit Ethernet, 10G Ethernet, Vlan/Trunking (802.1q And ISL), Etherchannel, Spanning Tree (STP), HSRP, VRRP.
- Have knowledge of ancillary technologies used to support telecommunication network such as management and metric gathering tools (Rest-API, SNMP, Netflow), packet capturing tools, and automation tools.
- Ability to analyze complex situations and utilize creative problem-solving abilities.
It would be nice if you had:
- Exposure to emerging technologies in Virtualization, SDN and NFV are desired.
- Experience with traffic management systems such as Allot, PacketShaper or Sandvine
- Knowledge of RF (C Band, Ku band), IF, L-Band and RF systems and teleport technologies is highly desired.
- Knowledge of the iDirect System and software versions (iDS and iDx) is desired.
- Knowledge of various Modulation and Coding schemes for DVB-S, DVB-S2 and DVB-S2X is highly desired.
- Scripting/coding skills are highly desirable.
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- This role is subject to ITAR; candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website