Req ID: 31341
Travel: Less than 10%
McLean, VA, US, 22102
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 10 years of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education/experience not considered
Your role in helping us shape the future:
The Manager, Financial Reporting is a key leadership role reporting to the Director of Financial Reporting. The position provides experienced consultation and assistance in the execution, successful preparation and reporting of Intelsat's quarterly and annual reports, completion of Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance, Statutory Reporting and assisting with other reporting requirements. The Manager, Financial Reporting will participate as a key member in the SEC Reporting function by assisting in the planning, preparation and review of all SEC reporting requirements to include but not limited to the Quarterly and Annual Filings (including XBRL). Another key function of this role will include providing thought leadership for management's Sarbanes-Oxley approach, development of testing, leading the company-wide project plans, allocation of resources within the teams and coordination of efforts between internal and external auditors. The Manager, Financial Reporting is also a key contributor in the preparation, project plan development and coordination of approximately 30 statutory audits and plays a key role in other projects as they arise.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation and review of the following reports: Quarterly Reports to SEC; Annual Reports to SEC; Other SEC filings.
- Monitor and enhance the procedures related to the external reporting process to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) requirements.
- Driving to completion and overall project management for the Company's Sarbanes-Oxley 404 testing company-wide including providing though leadership of new developments from the technical guidance, development of project plans, allocation of resources within the team, and coordination of efforts between internal and external auditors.
- Assist with coordination, planning and completion of approximately 30 statutory reporting including managing external resources including auditors, legal contacts and others to ensure timely filing in various jurisdictions.
- Participate with the implementation of new reporting standards in compliance with international reporting requirements.
- Provide thought leadership to the consolidated Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley approaches to include drafting of the Company-wide scoping memo, position papers around the impact of any deficiencies or changes in planned scope, coordination of information gathering from other departments to complete required analysis and assistance in the adoption of new or clarified guidance where applicable.
- Strong communication skills to include negotiation, relationship building, fostering collaboration and fostering trust to influence key decisions.
- Leading external reporting process and ensuring public disclosure is complete and accurate;
- Consulting with independent auditors on internal control matters and disclosure requirements as required;
- Provide guidance, oversight and training to team members on a project basis to include creating and presenting different training and Sarbanes Oxley update courses to staff and upper management.
- Over time, develops a command of key responsibilities in the business, reporting relationships, and establishes and maintains strong collaborative relationships with key business partners and other internal stakeholder groups to understand the business and ensure timely exchange of information.
- Complete special projects and assignment as required by Management including assistance with other various reporting tasks, analysis, process improvement and integration required.
- Provide direct leadership and guidance to a staff of 2 to 3 people.
- Assist in preparation of ad hoc reports and analysis as necessary.
- Interface with external auditors and other advisors, as required
- Continually look to streamline flow of information from Oracle and Hyperion G/L systems to final end product reports (both internal and external financial reports)
- Assist with ERP implementation.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in accounting or finance
- CPA certification
- Minimum of seven (7) years of demonstrated financial reporting, accounting experience
- Thorough working knowledge of IFRS, U.S. GAAP, SEC and other accounting and reporting standards
- Strong workable knowledge of core business processes (i.e. Accounting, Financial Reporting, Procurement, Accounts Payable, Revenue Recognition, etc.)
- Effective English oral and written language skills
- Proficiency MS Office Suite to include Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to consistently make decisions in a timely manner sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadlines and pressure
- Ability to integrate and balance priorities, work activities and resources for the benefit of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple commitments
- Strong team player
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn and develop self and others
- Public accounting experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Knowledge and understanding of the following areas: ERP systems, ability to evaluate risk impact and vulnerability
- Experience driving Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) work
- Experience implementing an ERP
- Multinational compliance experience
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
- Candidates must be a US Person (this includes US Citizen, Permanent Resident or Protected Individual such as an asylee or refugee).
- Please review the job bidding by current employees section in the employee handbook prior to applying for this position, thank you.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Apply on company website