Req ID: 34281
Chicago, IL, US, 60606
Education: Four-year college degree
Experience: At least 1 year of experience required
Equivalency: Combination of education & experience considered
As an Aircraft Maintenance Controller, you will be a valued member of the Aircraft Maintenance Controller Center and support the maintenance, repair, and the return-to-service of the Gogo Broadband System onboard customer aircraft. You will ensure that work is accomplished in accordance with all company, airline partner, and FAA regulations.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Coordinate maintenance of the Gogo WiFi system across a variety of airline partners.
- Conduct diagnostic checks of the WiFi system installed on customer aircraft and provide the best course of action for different maintenance scenarios.
- Provide guidance to airline maintenance and engineering personnel.
- Ensure that all maintenance is performed in accordance with company, airline partner, and FAA regulations to ensure system integrity.
- Ensure that all work performed is documented accurately.
- Achieve customer satisfaction goals that are defined by the Aircraft Maintenance Manager.
- Complete assigned tasks as required to meet time-sensitive schedules.
Can you drive these processes?
As an Aircraft Maintenance Controller, you will build and maintain professional working relationships with airline maintenance personnel, maintenance vendors, and other stakeholders. You will demonstrate your knowledge in all facets of aircraft maintenance, including electrical and avionics equipment installations.
You should definitely have:
- One year of experience in aircraft maintenance on jet-powered aircraft
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as required
It would be preferable if you had:
- Avionics maintenance experience
- Boeing and Airbus aircraft maintenance experience
- Valid Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Airframe and Powerplant Certificate
- Experience with online aircraft maintenance manuals and parts catalogs
- Working knowledge of Federal Aviation Regulations (FAR) governing aircraft maintenance
Ability to understand and speak Spanish, Portuguese, or Japanese
What it's like to work with us:
Intelsat is connecting the world and transforming the satellite landscape by reaching beyond the traditional satellite industry. We are defining new products that will open new, profitable markets. To help us reach this goal, you should be a bold thinker who will perform a key role in shaping Intelsat innovation for years to come.
- We emphasize personal and professional growth
- Awesome benefits including PTO, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Fun, diverse, and inclusive culture
Gogo Commercial Aviation, an Intelsat company is the inflight internet company, recently acquired by Intelsat, the world's largest satellite network operator. Our offerings bring worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services that make internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that's just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy, Metra and L-friendly environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Company description: Intelsat is the largest provider of fixed satellite services worldwide. We enable providers of media, telecom and government services to deliver information and entertainment to people at home, in the office or on the move. On a day-to-day basis, Intelsat supplies video, data and voice connectivity in approximately 200 countries and territories for approximately 1,800 customers, many of which Intelsat has had relationships with for over 30 years. Some of the world's leading media and communications companies, multinational corporations, Internet service providers and government/military organizations hallmark Intelsat's customer base. Customers access capacity through extensive service offerings, which include transponder services, hybrid managed services combining satellite capacity and terrestrial facilities, and channel services.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer including Vets and Disabled
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Apply on company website