Public Safety Officer Unarmed
Job Code: 6122
Shift and campus may vary as the needs of our facilities vary time to time. Earn great benefits and serve a valued purpose!
The Public Safety Officer Unarmed protects personnel and property within the INTEGRIS Health buildings and on all contiguous grounds. The Public Safety Officer Unarmed prevents criminal, destructive, or disruptive activity or corrects hazardous and unsafe conditions, controls pedestrian and vehicle traffic, provides public service to patients, visitors and employees, and performs parking enforcement duties when directed. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Public Safety Officer Unarmed responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ensures all property and facilities are secure, detects and takes proper action regarding unauthorized or illegal entry.
* Controls pedestrian and vehicle traffic, ensuring that vehicles are secure and safe. Issues traffic citations and conducts accident investigations when appropriate.
* Provides public services such as motorist & patient assists and escorts to vehicle upon request.
* Assists with fire drills and inspects the facility for hazardous or unsafe conditions.
* Prepares written reports on events and properly document details.
* Provides assistance at the helicopter pad during landings and emergencies.
* Completes special projects and assignments designated by the Sergeant, Lieutenant and/or Public Safety Manager.
* Ensures that employee regulations, policies and procedures are adhered to regarding security and safety.
* Assists clinical staff in the restraint of disruptive / violent patients.
* Detains criminal suspects for the police when appropriate.
Reports to the Public Safety Sergeant Lieutenant and with general overall supervision from the Public Safety Manager
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Constantly; activity exits up to 2/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Heavy (Exerting 50 to 100 pounds of force occasionally, or 25 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 10 to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): Yes
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Interacts in situations with combative persons. May participate in fire situations. Participates in bomb threat search. Work is performed inside building where hazardous chemicals and gases are present, as well as outside in all types of weather.
All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* 12 credit hours of college preferred
* Certification from International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety within 1 year of hire
* CLEET Certification required within 6 months of hire
* 1 year private security or police experience preferred
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
* MMPI or CPI psychological evaluation required post hire for Taser weapon evaluation
* Must have a current Oklahoma State Drivers License and have a driving record which is acceptable to INTEGRIS Health's insurance carrier.
Apply on company website