Patient Accounting Spec I - Cash Posting - Central Business Office - INTEGRIS
**Our Central Business office is seeking an individual with 1 year of insurance billing and collections experience with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel. Enjoy working with a great team while earning great benefits including retirement**
The Patient Accounting Specialist I general responsibilities include accurately processing healthcare claims according to payer compliance regulations. Ensuring timely claim submission and reimbursement from various third party payers and or patients, ensuring proper account documentation in the facility's billing system and pursuing follow-up efforts on aged accounts.
The Patient Accounting Specialist I responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Responsible for importing and processing of payment files, claim processing, collection of insurance or patient balances, physician charge entry
* Maintain and manipulate multiple files or work lists as assigned.
* Communicates directly with Payers to follow-up on outstanding claims to resolve payment variances and achieve timely reimbursement.
* Provides payers with specific reasons for suspected underpayments and analyzes reasons given by payers for non-payment
* Updates and maintains accurate information on each account with action plan for next steps to resolve
* Effectively handles all communications, including telephone and email from payers and departments within the health system.
* Participates in continuous quality improvement efforts on an ongoing basis, establish goals with supervisors and tracking progress.
* Understands and maintains compliance with HIPAA guidelines when handling patient information.
* Understands federal and state regulations as, well as specific payer requirements and explanations of benefits, in order to identify and report billing compliance issues and payer discrepancies.
* Assists hospital and/or physician patients who come to the patient accounting office during business hours.
Reports to the manager or supervisor of the department as assigned.
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Frequently; activity exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Light (Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, or up to 10 pounds of force frequently)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Office environment with no known exposures to hazardous material.
Job Code: 8317
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All applicants will receive consideration regardless of membership in any protected status as defined by applicable state or federal law, including protected veteran or disability status.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 1 year of insurance billing and collections or equivalent business environment
* College coursework in related field or Healthcare Certification (CRCR, CRCS, CHAA) preferred
* Previous experience with medical terminology, basic ICD10 and CPT coding, preferred
* Previous experience using Microsoft Office programs
* Previous experience in one of the following: billing, insurance resolution follow-up, cash posting, or customer service
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
Apply on company website