This Licensed Counselor position will cover Bapitst Medical Center and Baptist Portland Ave.
Licensed Counselor LPC
Job Code: 1135
Assists individuals with physical, cognitive, and emotional disabilities to achieve their personal, career, and independent living goals through individual, family, and group counseling. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary team and provide feedback to the medical director and other therapists on the patients' status and progress. Assists the neuropsychologist and/or the psychologist with administering, scoring, and writing neuropsychological and psychological test results. This position requires population specific competencies. Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals as appropriate based on the level of patient contact this position requires as appropriate.
INTEGRIS Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
The Licensed Counselor responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Provides individual counseling, implementing interventions based on patient-specific needs (cognitive behavioral therapy, person-centered therapy, motivational interviewing and supportive psychotherapy).
* Encompasses goal-setting and change through self-advocacy, psychological, vocational, social, and behavioral interventions.
* Provides psychoeducational interventions to the patient and the family members in order to reduce stress and develop the best coping strategies possible.
* Conducts group therapy including process/educational groups and support groups as well as groups facilitating adjustments to the medical and psychosocial impact of disability.
* Administers and scores appropriate psychological measures.
* Develops and maintain relationships with community referral sources such as schools, disability advocacy groups, and community groups.
Reports to designated professional
Required Physical Demands (Subject to Reasonable Accommodation):Keyboarding/Dexterity: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Standing/Walking: Occasionally; activity exists up to 1/3 of the time
Strength (Lift/Carry/Push/Pull): Sedentary (exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally)
Talking (Must be able to effectively communicate verbally): Yes
Color Acuity (Must be able to distinguish and identify colors): No
This position may have additional or varied physical demand and/or respiratory fit test requirements. Please consult the Physical Demands Project SharePoint site or contact Risk Management/Employee Health for additional information.
Normal office conditions.
* Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC)
* Must be able to communicate effectively in English (verbal/written)
Apply on company website