Requisition Number: 73689
Senior UCS Engineer for our Windows Server Technology team. The Engineer is responsible for the design, development, operation, and maintenance of Information Technology computer systems and software applications. The Engineer uses technical knowledge to solve business problems, by means of a systematic and disciplined approach. This position employs software, hardware, and/or communication technologies to accomplish assignments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs, develops and implements computer systems and software applications.
- Creates technical design specifications.
- Participates in the testing and certification process.
- Supports, operates and maintains computer systems and software applications.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Interprets, refines and applies methods and procedures in accordance with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Information Technology industry standards and best practices as defined by Royal Caribbean Cruises, Ltd.
- Remains current with industry trends to conceive, prototype and recommend technical approaches for IT systems and solutions that meet business needs.
- Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent preferred
- 3+ years of experience in VMWare virtualization and Windows Server technologies
- Windows Server (2012 R2/2016/Nano Server) administration and server hardware/networking management on Cisco UCS and HP DL technology preferred
- Extensive Active Directory knowledge managing global AD environments (ADDS, ADFS, DNS, etc.)
- Hybrid cloud - Azure / AWS experience a plus
- Experience with automation tools simplifying deployments of Windows and VMware resources to on-prem and to the cloud is a plus
- 3+ years of experience automating processes in PowerShell (PowerCLI)
- Group Policy and Desired State Configuration authoring experience a plus
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal and customer-service skills
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
- Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona
- 7,400+ teammates in 19 countries providing Intelligent Technology Solutions for organizations across the globe
- $7.1 billion in revenue in 2018
- Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the 2018 CRN Solution Provider 500
- 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 Microsoft Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Partner of the Year
- Ranked #23 on the 2019 Fortune 50 Best Workplaces in Technology and #5 on the Phoenix Business Journal 2018 list of Best Places to Work (Extra Large Business)
- Signatory of the United Nations (UN) Global Compact and Affiliate Member of the Responsible Business Alliance
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Posting Notes: Chicago || Illinois (US-IL) || United States (US) || MSOP-SC; NETINF || None || US - Chicago, IL ||
Apply on company website