RN-IV Therapy RN, Oncology Nurse Ink staffing - Gunnison, CO
Registered Nurse Job Description
The infusion RN will treat and care for several patients every day and must keep track of and document numerous details throughout the day. Impeccable attention to detail with an ability to think clearly in high stress situations while maintaining a sense of calm is critical when managing several infusions at once. A clinically competent Registered Nurse (RN) will provide care to the chronic and acutely ill patient through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcomes identification, planning, implementation, and evaluation.
Nurses function collaboratively with patients, families, physicians and others in the conduct of nursing practice and are able to integrate ethical provision in all areas of practice. Nurses consider factors related to safety, effectiveness, cost, and impact on practice in the planning and delivery of nursing services at Gunnison Valley Hospital.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
- Two years experience as an Infusion Nurse required.
- Must have cancer-specific knowledge base and clinical skills in cancer care beyond what is aquired in basic nursing.
- All RNs are expected to maintain proficiency in the care of Oncolgy patients.
- Experience with non-oncology medications preferred.
- RN License current in the state of Colorado or compact state.
- Current BLS certification, ACLS, ONC Certification preferred. Chemotherapy certified through ONS.
- General Certifications(ACLS,BLS/BCLS,PALS,NRP,ATT); Nursing Certifications(CPI ,ENPC,RNFA,TNCC,AWHONN,NIHSS,STABLE,ASLS)
- Communication skills
- Time Management
- Critical thinking
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Posted On: Monday, September 21, 2020
Apply on company website