RN-Cardiology, IMC (Intermediate Care), PCU, Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Nurse Ink staffing - Abilene, TX
Registered Nurse Job Description
We are looking for a Registered Nurse -Cardiology, IMC (Intermediate Care), PCU, Telemetry Cardiac, Telemetry Nurse. You to join our nursing staff in providing excellent health care to our patients. Your duty of caring for the patients coming into our facility include tasks like creating and maintaining accurate patient records, administering medication and monitoring for side effects, recording vital signs, and reporting symptoms and changes in patient conditions.
A Bachelor's degree in nursing and a state license are essential requirements for consideration. You will also need to be trained in BLS/CPR and be ACLS-certified. A professional, friendly attitude and effective communication skills are keys to becoming successful in this role.
- Maintaining accurate, complete health care records and reports.
- Administering medications to patients and monitoring them for side effects and reactions.
- Prescribing assistive medical devices and related treatments.
- Recording patient vital signs and medical information.
- Ordering medical diagnostic and clinical tests.
- Monitoring, reporting, and recording symptoms or changes in patient conditions.
- Administering non-intravenous medications.
- Assessing, implementing, planning, or evaluating patient nursing care plans by working with healthcare team members.
- Modifying patient health treatment plans as indicated by patient conditions and responses.
You Must have :
- Must have knowledge in the following:Phillips monitors; telemetry and preferably 12 lead EKGs; Unit has Cardiology patients; focus is post cardiac cath patients; CICU is for post interventional patients; multiple diagnosis, including AMI; only hemodynamic monitoring is A-lines; vaseoactive drips with titration; don't give epi drips but do infuse neo for post CEAs; antiarrthymics;
- must have strong cardiac drug knowledge
- Must be flexible and willing to float to other telemetry units.
- Allscripts or similiar EMR system
- Pyxis for meds
- General Certifications(ACLS,BLS/BCLS); Nursing Certifications(NIHSS)
- Professionalism. ...
- Attention to Detail. ...
- Critical Thinking.
Contract Length: 13 weeks
Posted On: Thursday, October 29, 2020
Apply on company website