Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Unit Secretary - Float Pool, Registry/FTE 0.001, Rotate
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Unit Secretary.
Under the leadership of the Manager and/or designee provides clerical support to assist in the delivery of quality care to patients. This involves clerical support activities which will facilitate the Patient Care Center operations including: transcription processing of physician orders, serves as a reception agent for all patients/family members, physician, patient care team members, other healthcare team members, and facilitates the channeling of information to appropriate points of service timely and accurately. Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide services for patients according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patient served as delineated in the Center's Scope of Care.
Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Adheres to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicates issues as they arise to the appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Works in partnership with other patient care team members and pro-actively assists physicians and identifies and provides for individual patient and family needs, employing appropriate customer relation practices.
- Must have general academic and social development such as that normally associated with successful completion of high school; must be able to read and write and perform simple arithmetic calculations; must be able to accurately file, numerically and alphabetically. Must be able to spell. Medical Terminology background is pre-requisite.
- Effective interpersonal skills in dealing with patient, families and co-workers.
- Ability to function effectively in an extended team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflict effectively.
- Ability to give and receive feedback.
- Computer literate. Transcription experience is a plus. Experience with MicroSoft Word, Excel is a plus.
- Must have Unit Secretary/Clerical experience, background and/or training.
Physical demands of job are light; mostly sedentary with some walking within unit and to and from other departments; oral and hearing acuity required to receive instruction and converse on telephone; visual acuity required to record information accurately.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position
Apply on company website