Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Sterile Processing Technician with 8 Hour Shifts - FTE 1.0 - Rotating Shift
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Sterile Processing Tech.
Under the supervision of the Director and Supervisor, the Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for all the duties relating to processing of sterile supplies, preparation of instruments and the decontamination of patient related equipment. General functions include but are not limited to monitoring sterilizers and maintenance of sterilization records, issuing surgical supplies and instrumentation, maintaining inventory and PAR level data, maintaining responsibility for attendance and punctuality, promoting effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, and maintaining professional conduct at all times.
- High School Diploma
- Completion of Sterile Processing Program
- Current certification preferred as a “Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician” from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) or must complete certification within 6 months of hire.
- Prefer 1 year experience in an acute care hospital.
- Physical/Position Demands
- The physical demand ranges from constant sedentary work with a certain amount of sitting, walking and standing to occasional light work involving lifting up to and in excess of 20 pounds of force and/or excess of 100 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Office work requires minimal computer usage for data entry and printer use.
Limitations and Disclaimer The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Apply on company website