Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the Wound Care Department.
With the leadership of the Manager, the Registered Nurse functions as an interactive resource in clinical nursing and professional practice. The Registered Nurse is responsible for the coordinating of and performing direct nursing care for patients, utilizing concepts of the nursing process, serves as resource, preceptor, mentor, and leader for physicians, professional peers and other fellow employees, and provides participative supervision to the Patient Care Team Members in collaboration with the Patient Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Adhere to all hospital policies, procedures and standards of care.
- Float to wound patients across the hospital.
- Observe and adhere to all corporate compliance requirements and communicate issues as they arise to the appropriate party as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
- Demonstrate cost effectiveness in meeting unit and patient care needs.
- Assists in enhancing productivity and efficient operations through coordination of workflow and personnel.
- Supports departmental leadership during survey process regarding patient care issues.
- Participates as an active member of committees, task forces, and work groups.
- Participates in the integration of quality improvement into wound care services.
- Participates in providing staff education based on quality improvement and program outcomes.
- Rounds on patients Monday through Friday in inpatient setting.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with all stakeholders
- Follow service standards through example.
- Maintain effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships.
- Commitment to professional growth and competence.
- Assists with patient satisfaction initiatives.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing with a Bachelor's of Science in Nursing (BSN) is required
- Must hold a current RN Licensure State of Illinois Department of Professional Regulation or valid temporary permit to practice nursing in the State of Illinois
- Must hold a current Basic Life Support certification (Healthcare Provider Recognition)
- Completion of unit specific validation process within 3 months of employment
- Completion of WOCN Certification within two years of employment
- Acute care or related experience providing nursing care to patients within at least the last five years
- At least two years of nursing experience in wound care
- Job Type/FTE: Part-time (0.4) ; 8-hour shifts
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Wound Care
- CBA Code: NNU National Nurses United
Apply on company website