Join us at the Forefront, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Pharmacy Technician. In this role In this role, the pharmacy technician will join a fast-paced, ever-changing environment where the team works together for a shared purpose. Pharmacy technicians at Ingalls Memorial Hospital play an essential role in the medication use process. They are responsible for compounding parenteral medications in a newly constructed clean room, process medication orders, , refill automated dispensing cabinets and; ensuring patients have their medications when requested.
Under the direction of the pharmacy operations manager and the professional work direction of a pharmacist; the Pharmacy Technician will process medication orders, prepares and assists in the dispensing of medications; coordinates the timely processing and delivery of medication orders; and performs the specific functions required in the unit dose, parenteral and packaging areas. As a core member of the Pharmacy team, you will be expected to prepare technical and clerical tasks associated with the preparation, labeling and dispensing of pharmaceuticals. Also, plays an integral role in the inventory and quality assurance activities
Essential Job Functions
- Fill medication orders accurately through our automated carousel-storage system.
- Process parenteral medication orders and prepare intravenous admixtures via an automated IV workflow system (DoseEdge)
- Process stock replacement requests for nursing and ancillary units
- Prepackage tablets, capsules, liquids and other medications using our various packaging systems
- IV admixture preparation and compounding, including chemotherapy
- Order, receive and stock pharmacy medications and supplies
- Willing to work at multiple work locations as needed (off-site infusion center locations in Flossmoor and Tinley Park)
- Ensures compounding and newly structured areas and related equipment are cleaned, sanitized and maintained in compliance with company policies and procedures and USP 797 and USP 800 standards.
- Plans and performs the daily tasks required to provide department services under the direction of a pharmacist
- Meet the needs of our patients and customers and strive to promote great service by responding in a courteous, positive and timely manner.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must hold current valid license as a pharmacy technician in the State of Illinois.
- Must hold a current valid pharmacy technician certification, except if grandfathered in
- General hospital experience as a licensed pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Job Type/Part Time
- Shift: Night
- Unit/Department: Inpatient Pharmacy
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website