Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Patient Financial Services Representative.
The Patient Financial Services Representative is responsible for collections and is responsible for contacting third parties, insurance companies, attorneys and patients in an effort to collect payments due for services rendered.
This team is dedicated to the accurate and secure resolution of patient accounts. If you're detail-oriented and self-motivated, this will be the ideal team for you.
This position promotes revenue integrity and accurate reimbursement for the organization by enduring timely and accurate billing and collection of accounts.This individual must follow departmental productivity and quality control measures that support the organization's operational goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in process improvement and cross-training activities on an ongoing basis
- Maintains and monitors integrity of the claim development and submission process.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, providers, and payers for all post-care matters related to account resolution.
- Maintains an understanding of federal and state regulations, as well as requirements specific to Medicare, Medicaid, and fiscal intermediaries to promote compliant claims for governmental claims.
- Maintains thirdparty payer relationships, including responding to inquiries, complaints, and other correspondence.
PFS Representatives will be assigned to and support one or more of the following departments:
- Billing & Follow Up
- Cash Applications
- Credits Department
- Customer Service
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's degree in business, healthcare, or related field required or a combination of relevant education and experience
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Department: Revenue Cycle Management
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website