Patient Scheduler; Central Scheduling (Full-Time: Day Shift)
Join Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Patient Scheduler in our Central Scheduling department.
As a Patient Scheduler, you will be assisting patients with their scheduling and registration needs. This is a position that requires very strong customer service skills and attention to detail.
This department cares about each patient's experience with us. It's Important that we give them the best service possible.
Under the supervision of the Central Scheduling Supervisor and Group Leaders, is responsible for the daily duties inherent in the scheduling and pre-registration of outpatient diagnostic testing at the Harvey Main Campus, Tinley Park, Flossmoor, Calumet City and Matteson.
- Maintain the work areas in an organized and orderly condition, restocks office supplies.
- Handles incoming telephones inquiries from physicians, RN's, and patients.
- Requires the ability to handle a variety of task with speed, and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- At least 1-2 years of demonstrated clerical and customer service experience as it relates to a hospital environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in the basic computer software programs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop others in areas of continuous process improvement, and customer service, Delivery and self-directed teamwork.
- Some Medical Terminology.
- Knowledge of basic computer software programs.
- Typing requirement (minimum 25-30 wpm).
- Good communication skills.
- Requires good analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Requires maturity and ability to appropriately represent the department to other internal and external customer strong commitment to the development of staff.
- Previous experience in a health care environment, preferably, Central Scheduling/Call Center, Physician's office and/or other related health care experience is desired.
- Location: Harvey, IL
- Shift: Monday-Friday (9:30am-6pm); Rotating Saturdays
- Department: Central Scheduling
Apply on company website