Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Patient Financial Services Representative.
In this role, you will be responsible for the account receivables management for Ingalls Memorial Hospital. This position requires detailed analysis and critical thinking.
This position promotes revenue integrity and accurate reimbursement for the organization by enduring timely and accurate billing and
collection of accounts.This individual must follow departmental productivity and quality control measures that support the organization's
Essential Job Functions
- Participates in process improvement and cross-training activities on an ongoing basis
- Maintains and monitors integrity of the claim development and submission process.
- Acts as a liaison between patients, providers, and payers for all post-care matters related to account resolution.
- Maintains an understanding of federal and state regulations, as well as requirements specific to Medicare, Medicaid, and fiscal intermediaries to promote compliant claims for governmental claims.
- Maintains thirdparty payer relationships, including responding to inquiries, complaints, and other correspondence.
PFS Representatives will be assigned to and support one or more of the following departments:
- Billing & Follow Up
- Cash Applications
- Credits Department
- Customer Service
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate's degree in business, healthcare, or related field required or a combination of relevant education and
- Job Type: Full Time
- Shift: Day Shift
- Department: Finance - Revenue Cycle
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website