Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Occupational Therapist at our Harvey location.
The Occupational Therapist is consistent with the AOTA, Occupational therapists and occupational therapy assistants are experts at analyzing the performance skills and patterns necessary for people to engage in their everyday activities in the contexts and environments in which those activities and occupations occur. The practice of occupational therapy includes methods or strategies selected to direct the process of interventions and evaluation of factors affecting activities of daily living (ADLs), instrumental activities of daily living (IADLs), education, work, play, leisure, and social participation.
The Occupational Therapist functions as autonomous practitioners and are responsible for all aspects of occupational therapy service delivery. They are accountable for the safety and effectiveness of the occupational therapy service delivery process. Knows, follows and actively supports the philosophy, mission and vision of Ingalls Memorial Hospital. Adheres to all hospital, policies, procedures and standard of care. Observes and adheres to all corporate compliance requirements and communicated issues as they arise to be appropriate parties as identified in the Corporate Compliance Plan.
Essential Job Functions:
- Recommends appropriate treatment intensity and discharges patient when the individual no longer meets criteria for level of service, meets goals, reaches prior level of function or is no longer in need of / benefiting from skilled intervention
- Complies with billing practices per department protocol
- Accountable for appropriate use of department and hospital resources
- Meets productivity standards as defined by the department
- Responds to the emotional and physical needs of patients
- Advocates for individuals to receive the appropriate services in the appropriate setting.
- Meets core clinical competencies for level of care and completes annual competencies as per department. Seeks educational opportunities to advance clinical skills; regularly attends department in-services, as appropriate
- Works with others to improve level of skill throughout the department
- Seeks and implements use of evidence based practice
- Documents results and recommendations, interdisciplinary communication per department protocol; documents skilled service and supports billing
- Actively participates in providing suggestions to department leadership to improve daily operations, employee satisfaction.
- Demonstrates a solution oriented approach toward obstacles.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and/or improved service delivery.
- Minimum of BS in Occupational Therapy from an accredited institution.
- IL License or eligibility. Letter to sit for the National Exam.
- Specific practice areas may require advanced certification or previous experience to address patient care
- Basic computer proficiency.
- Effective verbal and written communication, including ability communicate with other cultures or those with language or cognitive impairments.
- Foreign graduates shall submit certification of passage of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), and the Test of Spoken English (TSE).
The physical demand is medium work as defined in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT). The following physical demands will be required to perform the job functions: significant lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some climbing, balancing, frequent stooping, kneeling and crouching. Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
- Job Type/FTE: Registry
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Therapy
- CBA Code: Non
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website