Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine, Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Monitor Technician at our Harvey, Illinois location. In this role, you will ensure that patients are maintained on continuous telemetry.
Under the leadership of the Manager/Supervisor of Patient Care Services provides technical/clerical support to assist in the delivery of quality care to patients. This involves technical/clerical duties which will facilitate the Patient Care Center operations including routine management of the telemetry room functions and documentation, interpretation of rhythm strips, ensure proper management and maintenance of telemetry equipment, ensure quality patient care through diligent maintenance of continuous telemetry as required by physician order or patient need, and prompt staff notification of dysrhythmias.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains responsibility for monitor count.
- Alerts RN of any change in patient rhythm.
- Maintains constant observation of all monitors for any rhythm changes and responds as appropriate.
- Reviews alarm settings every shift for each patient.
- Documents on monitor screen location of patients offline.
- Maintains census for each shift with patient name, room number, rhythm, rate, assigned RN.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic Life Support Certification through The American Heart Association
- Read and write and perform simple arithmetic calculations
- Successfully completed training which includes basic rhythm strip interpretation
- Previous monitor technician or paramedic training
- Job Type/FTE: Part-time (0.6)
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: Cardiac Telemetry Monitor Room
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website