Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine, Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Monitor Technician at our Harvey, Illinois location. In this role, you will ensure that patients are maintained on continuous telemetry.
Under the leadership of the Manager/Supervisor of Patient Care Services provides technical/clerical support to assist in the delivery of quality care to patients. This involves technical/clerical duties which will facilitate the Patient Care Center operations including routine management of the telemetry room functions and documentation, interpretation of rhythm strips, ensure proper management and maintenance of telemetry equipment, ensure quality patient care through diligent maintenance of continuous telemetry as required by physician order or patient need, and prompt staff notification of dysrhythmias.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains responsibility for monitor count.
- Alerts RN of any change in patient rhythm.
- Maintains constant observation of all monitors for any rhythm changes and responds as appropriate.
- Reviews alarm settings every shift for each patient.
- Documents on monitor screen location of patients offline.
- Maintains census for each shift with patient name, room number, rhythm, rate, assigned RN.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Basic Life Support Certification through The American Heart Association
- Read and write and perform simple arithmetic calculations
- Successfully completed training which includes basic rhythm strip interpretation
- Previous monitor technician or paramedic training
- Job Type/FTE: Part-time (0.6 FTE)
- Shift: Nights
- Unit/Department: Cardiac Telemetry Monitor Room
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website