Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Sterile Processing Technician with the Sterile Processing department.
Under the supervision of the Director and Supervisor, the Sterile Processing Technician is responsible for all the duties relating to processing of sterile supplies, preparation of instruments and the decontamination of patient related equipment. General functions include but are not limited to monitoring sterilizers and maintenance of sterilization records, issuing surgical supplies and instrumentation, maintaining inventory and PAR level data, maintaining responsibility for attendance and punctuality, promoting effective interpersonal and interdisciplinary relationships, and maintaining professional conduct at all times.
Essential Job Functions
- Fills request and issues surgical supplies and instrumentation
- Restocks and maintains inventory levels of surgical supplies and equipment
- Exhibits timely, satisfactory completion of assignments with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates a positive, supportive attitude to patient, families, and other personnel consistently in emergent and non-emergent situations
- Receives supplies from outside areas, ensuring that supplies entering sterile processing are free of external contaminants
- Maintains sterilization records
- Decontaminates patient care equipment according to hospital guidelines
- Performs biological monitoring of sterilizers and documents in log
- Sterilizes instrument trays within specified parameters
- Maintains confidential patient and department information
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Completion of Sterile Processing Program
- Current certification preferred as a ‘Certified Sterile Processing and Technician” from the Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) – or must complete certification within 6 months of hire
- 1-year experience in an acute care hospital
- The physical demand ranges from constant sedentary work with a certain amount of sitting, walking and standing to occasional light work involving lifting up to and in excess of 20 pounds of force and/or excess of 100 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-time (1.0 FTE)
- Shift: Evening
- Unit/Department: Sterile Processing
- CBA Code: SEIU
Must comply with Ingalls Memorial Hospital's COVID-19 Vaccination requirement as a condition of employment. If you have already received the vaccination, you must provide proof as part of the pre-employment process. This is in addition to your compliance with the Flu Vaccination requirement as well. Medical and religious exemptions will be considered consistent with applicable law. Lastly, a pre-employment physical, drug screening, and background check are also required for all employees prior to hire.
Apply on company website