Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Lead Medical Assistant with Occupational Medicine department.
In this role as a Lead Medical Assistant, you will collaborate closely with physicians to assess, coordinate, implement and evaluate the patient's progress and plan of care. Demonstrates skills and knowledge to provide care to the appropriate age group of patients served as delineated in the Occupational Medicine Plan of Care. Responsible for and monitors the quality of patient care and patient satisfaction. Assumes responsibility to assure the daily operations of the department are effectively and efficiently maintained.
Reporting to the Director, the Lead Certified Medical Assistant provides basic and routine assistance with patient care delivery within the medical scope of the practice in accordance with Occupational Medicine policies and procedures and applicable federal regulations.
- Graduate of a CAAHEP-accredited college program (Committee on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs).
- Completion of MA certification
- CAOHC (Council for Accreditation in Occupational Hearing Conservation) certification.
- Must have worked in an outpatient clinical operations, Urgent Aide, ER setting, or related role providing clinical care to patients for three to five years.
- Current BLS certification.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills in dealing with patients, families and staff. Ability to function effectively independently and in an extended team environment.
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service and communication (verbal and written) skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment; good time management skills and attention to details.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work varying shifts at any Occupational Medicine clinic.
- Must have a mode of transportation to travel from various Occupational Medicine clinics when needed.
- Completion of the CMA certification preferred. Willingness to obtain certification.
- Job Type/FTE: Full-Time, 8 hour
- Shift: Days
- Unit/Department: South Holland Occuptaional Medicine
- CBA Code: Non Union
Apply on company website