Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Pharmacy Technician – Inpatient
Part-Time - Rotating
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Pharmacy Technician.
Under the direction of the pharmacy supervisor and the professional work direction of a pharmacist; the Pharmacy Technician will process medication orders, prepares and assists in the dispensing of medications; coordinates the timely processing and delivery of medication orders; and performs the specific functions required in the unit dose, parenteral and packaging areas.
- Fill medication orders accurately through our unit dose distribution system
- Process parenteral medication orders and prepare intravenous admixtures
- Process stock replacement requests for nursing and ancillary units
- Maintain proper documentation and records of accountability for drug use and storage
- Meet the needs of our patients and customers and strive to promote great service by responding in a courteous, positive and timely manner.
Pharmacy Technician Requirements:
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must hold current valid license as a pharmacy technician in the State of Illinois.
- Completion of an ASHP accredited pharmacy technician certification program from an accredited community college or successful completion of ASHP National technician certification examination within one year of employment.
- General hospital experience as a licensed pharmacy technician is preferred.
- Computer experience and the completion of a medical terminology course is desirable.
Apply on company website