$10,000 Sign on Bonus! The Home Care Registered Nurse (RN)/ Admission RN plans, organizes, and directs home care services and is experienced in nursing, with an emphasis on community health education/experience.The professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. Essential Job Functions
- Completes an initial assessment of patient and family to determine home care needs.
- Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
Initiates the plan of care
Provides health care instructions to the patient, family (caregiver) as appropriate per assessment and plan.
Provide direct patient care including but not limited to complete head to toe assessments, wound care, IV medication administration, foley care, lab draws, plurex catheter draining, and disease management education to patients/family.
Documents the initial patient and family assessments and interventions.
Prepares clinical notes and updates the primary physician.
Performs initial communication with the physician regarding the patient's needs.
Actively participates with the Interdisciplinary Team to coordinate the care plan.
Collaborate with the Intake Departments and clinical staff to manage referrals/admissions.
Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
Commits to one hundred percent (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students and co-workers.
Other duties as assigned.
- Current state of Illinois nursing license as an RN
- Good verbal and written communication skills and evaluation techniques
- Current CPR certification
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license and current automobile insurance and has the availability of personal and dependable mode(s) of transportation to conduct home visits
- The ability to perform medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds. Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching (floor to waist; waist to shoulder; above shoulder) and talking. Fine motor control/precision is required for tasks such as IVs and medication management. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills is required in addition to see information in print and/or electronically. This position does involve exposure to chemicals/disinfectants and bodily fluids. This job does include travel to patient's homes and other work-related places of business so the ability to operate a motor vehicle is required.
- OASIS training
- Home Care experience
- Medical Surgical, Telemetry, and/or ICU experience
- Strong Assessment Skills
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 (Full-time)
- Shift: Days (8-hr shifts)
- Unit/Department: Home Health Care, Hyde Park & Harvey
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website