$5,000 Sign on Bonus
Join Ingalls Memorial Care as a Home Care Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in the Ingalls Home Care Department. The Home Care Licensed Practice Nurse follows established policies and procedures of Home Care Services and the Nurse Practice Act.
The Home Care Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) performs total direct and indirect skilled nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. The LPN acts independently to assess the nursing needs of the patient and works either singularly or in conjunction with interdepartmental staff to meet the individual needs of the patient.
Essential Job Functions
- Makes home visits to provide direct patient care within the scope of practice as assigned by registered nurse
- Observes patient progress or lack of progress and communicates these observations to the registered nurse for adjustment of the patient's plan of care
- Documents observations and nursing interventions including medication and treatment according to the patient's plan of care and agency policy and procedures
- Maintains ongoing communication with the registered nurse regarding all aspects of patient care interventions, needs and changes
- Teaches the patient's family to carry out preventative and rehabilitative measure, in an effort to increase their responsibility of independence or toward independent living
- Applies knowledge of drugs, other therapeutic methods, and diagnostic tests based upon understanding of established principles and precautions
- Assesses the learning needs of patients and significant others and gives appropriate instruction
- Assists patients in adaptation to living in relation to level of wellness
- Assesses the learning needs of the patient and family and assess their ability to learn. Provides appropriate instructions to patient/family caregivers to achieve independence
- Recognizes the need for cost effectiveness uses equipment and supplies efficiently
- Commits to one hundred percent (100%) patient and customer satisfaction by always exhibiting a courteous and helpful manner during interactions with others, including patients, families, visitors, physicians, students and co-workers.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current state of Illinois practical nursing license.
- Current CPR
- One to two years of recent acute care experience in an institutional setting
- Possesses and maintains a valid driver's license and current automobile insurance and has the availability of personal and dependable mode(s) of transportation to conduct home visits
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, basic math skills; nursing skills per competency checklist
- This position requires the ability to perform medium work, exerting up to 50 pounds. Job frequently requires bending and lifting, push/pull maneuvers and occasionally carrying items that weigh > 20 pounds. Job frequently requires standing, walking, reaching (floor to waist; waist to shoulder; above shoulder) and talking. Fine motor control/precision is required for tasks such as IVs (RN only) and medication management. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills is required in addition to see information in print and/or electronically. This position does involve exposure to chemicals/disinfectants and bodily fluids. This job does include travel to patient's homes and other work-related places of business so the ability to operate a motor vehicle is required.
- One year of home health care experience
- Job Type/FTE: 1.0 Regular, Full-Time
- Shift: Day (8-hr)
- Unit/Department: Ingalls Home Care / Harvey and Chicago area
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website