Bring Your Passion to the Forefront:
Clinical Lab Associate (Phlebotomist) - Full Time - Rotating
This position will be located in Flossmoor.
May be required to rotate locations and shift hours based on need to Ingalls Family Care Centers (Calumet City, Flossmoor, Tinley Park).
Join the hospital trusted by Chicago's Southland, Ingalls Memorial Hospital, in this role as a Clinical Lab Associate. In this role, you will perform phlebotomy and lab assistant duties.
The person in this role is required to perform at least phlebotomy, order entry, central processing, EKG's, performing laboratory testing, and assist with DOT's and BAT's as needed. When full competency at level 1 has been achieved, the person may be elevated to CLA level 2.
Clinical Lab Associate Job Description
- Performs assigned supportive work in conjunction with the delivery of patient care, involving multiple office, clerical, technical duties, venipuncture, blood specimen collection, obtain EKG, and functional skills.
- Interacts, intervenes, and problem solves to ensure exceptional customer service by greeting patients, responding to telephone inquiries, phones/faxes/distributes test results.
- Processes human specimens for delivery to specific laboratory departments for testing.
- Performs technical procedures, for which training has been given and competency demonstrated.
- Utilizes interactive processes which will contribute to exceeding the expectation of patients, physicians, families or significant others in the provision of high quality, cost effective care and treatments.
- Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies.
- Various degrees of unpredictability can occur from day to day which will require the individual to adapt by adjusting as required in work schedules and assignments.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of the HIS and LIS systems, and progress to functional capabilities with the hospital billing computer systems.
Clinical Lab Associate Required Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed accredited phlebotomy course or program
- AHA CPR Certification
Clinical Lab Associate Preferred Qualifications
Successful completion of accredited phlebotomy program or certification by:
- ASCPPP (American Society of Clinical Pathologists)
- AMT (American Medical Technologist)
- NCCLSSS (National Committee for Clinical Laboratory Standards)
- NPAAA (National Phlebotomy Association)
- ASCLSSS (American Society for Clinical Laboratory Scientists)
- NCAA (National Certifying Agency)
- NHAAA (National Healthcare Association)
Why Join Us:
For nearly a century Ingalls Memorial has pioneered sophisticated clinical care and developed the area's most convenient network of comprehensive outpatient centers, all dedicated to improve the health and wellbeing of the community. Now, partnered with UChicago Medicine, we have expanded our network of expert physicians, convenient facilities and scope of service to speed your healing process and help navigate your path to wellness. A skilled Medical Staff and talented employees dedicated to prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of illness and injury provide a firm foundation for our reputation for quality. To accomplish this, we need employees with passion, talent and commitment… with patients and with each other. We're in this together: working to advance medical innovation, serve the health needs of the community, and move our collective knowledge forward. If you'd like to add enriching human life to your profile, UChicago Medicine Ingalls Memorial is for you. Here at Ingalls, we're doing work that really matters. Join us!
Apply on company website