Be a part of a world-class academic healthcare system at UChicago Medicine, Ingalls Memorial Hospital as a Clinical Associate (CNA) at our Harvey, Illinois location. The Orthopedic and Spine Department is a dedicated unit caring for patients in the hospital for total joint or other orthopedic care. It is a team of physicians, nurses, physical and occupational therapists and other staff who are specially trained in caring for orthopedic patients.
With the leadership of the Manager and the Clinical Supervisor, performs assigned supportive work in connection with the delivery of patient care, including functional tasks and skills. Utilizes interactive processes which will exceed the expectation of patients, physicians, families, or significant others, provides high quality, cost effective care and treatment. Demonstrates necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific competencies as appropriate to the age of the patients served, as delineated in the Center's Scope of Care.
Essential Job Functions
- Promotes the values and mission of Ingalls Memorial Hospital.
- Promotes clinical excellence and service.
- Acts as a patient/family advocate.
- Provide comfort measures and assistance to patient and family.
- Performs hourly rounds on patients and meets needs as appropriate.
- Demonstrates the necessary skills and knowledge to provide care for patients according to unit specific Scope of Care.
- Understands Growth and Development and responds effectively to the unique needs of specific patient populations.
- With the leadership of the staff nurse, follows plan of care by completing assigned tasks related to direct patient care.
- Assists with admissions by setting up patient rooms, orienting patients to rooms, obtaining height, weight, temperature, pulse, respiration rate, blood pressure (in both arms when applicable), changing clothing, labeling, and storing personal care items.
- Observes and follows infection control policies and procedures in accordance with infection control policy.
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
- Basic Life Support Certification through The American Heart Association
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Completed Medical Terminology Course
- Job Type/FTE: Full Time (0.9 FTE)
- Shift: Nights
- Unit/Department: Ortho/Spine
- CBA Code: Non-Union
Apply on company website